Online self-paced Moodle course
American Indian Short Stories (Part of IEFA Special Topics Course 1)
The self-paced online course is composed of five distinct units. Each unit is the equivalent of 1 University credit or 15 OPI renewal units. Upon registration, participants select which units/how many credits they wish to take. The five units included in Course One are:
*Who Will Tell My Brother?: The Indian Mascot Controversy
*Honoring Native Women’s Voices
*American Indian Short Stories
*American Indian Poetry
*Biographies of Native Americans: Contemporary and Historic
Participants will explore resources developed by the Office of Public Instruction alongside primary source documents and carefully selected literature, both fiction and non-fiction, as they deepen their knowledge of the Essential Understandings. Most required materials will be provided in the course Moodle, though participants may need to seek additional resources at school or public libraries or online as part of the course requirements. Previous knowledge of IEFA and the Essential Understandings is helpful but not necessary for participants to successfully complete the course; prerequisite content will be provided for participant’s perusal.
Sindie Kennedy (email@example.com)
Erin Lipkind (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michele McGuire (email@example.com)
Course Fees: OPI Credit Semester Credit UM Credit Fee Total Cost for Cont Ed
$135 1 unit 15 hours 1 UM credit $155 $290
$235 2 units 30 hours 2 UM credits $155 $390
$335 3 units 45 hours 3 UM credits $155 $490
$435 4 units 60 hours 4 UM credits $155 $590
$535 5 units 75 hours 5 UM credits $155 $690
NOTE: Semester credit is an additional fee to the course fee.
This course is the equivalent to 15-75 classroom hours, which is the equivalent of 1 to 5 university credits. Although this is a self-paced course, do not expect to complete it in one sitting! Course participants must be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated to complete all work within the flexible time frame (there is no interaction with other participants—only the instructor).
THE COURSE PROCESS:
* Complete this form.
* Within a few days, you will receive an invoice via email.
* Pay the invoice/registration fee (online or by check) in order to begin.
* You will receive a username and password and steps to access the Moodle course.
* The instructor will send an introductory email and you may begin the class.
* If you are taking the units for OPI renewal units, WMPLC will send you OPI renewal units upon completion of the semester (Summer 2021, or Fall 2021, or Spring 2022.)
* If you are taking the course for University credits, the semester credit registration form will be shared with you when your registration is received. You will then need to send the completed semester credit form and payment to your instructor by the end of the semester for which you are enrolled. The instructor will collect the UM credit paperwork and payments from all participants and send them together to the University of Montana by December 30, 2021 (fall term), May 15, 2022 (spring term), or August 31, 2022 (summer term). The participant’s paperwork will be submitted to UM for the term in which they finish the coursework.
Registration BONUS: When you register for an IEFA course, if we have the books for the course in stock, we will send them to you for free! If we don't have them in stock, we will send you at least 2 titles related to the course for which you are registered.
Event Number: 22521009
EDU 455/EDU 555
Register at: https://forms.gle/sU8tDWTB3dxhLNfY8