Overcoming Underachievement in Students - Focus on Gifted Students (Online, Self-Paced Moodle Course)
Course description: This two-credit course is for individuals who would like to gain a better understanding about academic underachievement in the gifted student population. Participants will learn about identifying underachievement, its causes, and explore ways to reverse it. The course will look more closely at underachieving student profiles and how students, parents, and teachers can work together to overcome underachievement.
This course is the equivalent to 30 classroom hours (30 OPI renewal units), which is the equivalent of 2 university credits. This is a self-paced course, but do not expect to complete it in one sitting! Course participants must be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated to complete all work within the flexible time frame. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DON'T REGISTER FOR MORE THAN TWO COURSES AT ONE TIME.
Darla Williams, M.Ed. email@example.com
Kim Watterson, M.Ed. firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fee: $260
Credit: 30 OPI Renewal Units or 2 Semester Credits (semester credit is offered through the University of Montana and is an additional fee of $155; registration forms available in the course Moodle.)
Cost savings: Two U of M Undergraduate credits would cost you $952.60. Two U of M Graduate credits would cost you $1,067. WMPLC's courses save you 56% and 61% respectively; but can't be used towards a degree program. They CAN be used for salary schedules and license renewal.
THE COURSE PROCESS:
* Complete this form.
* Within a few days, you will receive an invoice via email.
* Pay the invoice/registration fee (online or by check) in order to begin.
* You will receive a username and password and steps to access the Moodle course.
* The instructor will send an introductory email and you may begin the class.
* If you are taking the course for OPI renewal units, WMPLC will send you OPI renewal units upon completion of the semester.
* If you are taking the course for University credits, you will need to send the completed semester credit form and payment to your instructor by the end of the semester for which you are enrolled. The instructor will collect the UM credit paperwork and payments from all participants and send them together to the University of Montana by August 15, 2022 (summer term), December 1, 2022 (fall term), May 15, 2023 (spring term), or August 15, 2023 (summer term). The participant’s paperwork will be submitted to UM for the term in which they finish the coursework.
Obtaining copies of the books: Check your school /district or local library. Amazon and other online booksellers often have used copies available. The instructor is available to assist with locating copies, if needed.
Event Number: 23530000
EDU 455 EDU 555
Register at: https://forms.gle/gEFQ91eYoZdwg7bc9