Indian Education for All Online Book Club Course
Plants in Montana Native Cultures
This self-paced online course is worth 3 credits or 45 OPI Units. Most required materials will be provided in the course Moodle, though participants may need to seek additional resources at school or public libraries online as part of the course requirements. Previous knowledge of IEFA and the Essential Understandings is helpful but not necessary for participants to successfully complete the course.
1. Develop personal background knowledge of Indian Education for All (IEFA) by diving deeply into the Essential Understandings of Montana Indians.
2. Learn about native plants and their historical (and current) significance to local Montana tribes.
3. Design comprehensive lesson plans and instructional activities that integrate the materials and concepts covered as well as self- selected supplemental materials.
4. Work to integrate IEFA with NextGen science standards.
5. Complete a final project which integrates the materials and concepts covered.
This is a self-paced course, but do not expect to complete it in one sitting! Course participants must be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated to complete all work within the flexible time frame.
You can register for the course now or any time before November 15, 2020; with course completion by December 15, 2020.
Michele McGuire (email@example.com)
Registration fee: $350
Credit: 45 OPI Renewal Units or 3 Semester Credits (semester credit is offered through the University of Montana and is an additional fee of $155. The course instructor will provide a separate registration form).
THE COURSE PROCESS:
* Complete this form.
* Within a few days, you will receive an invoice via email.
* Pay the invoice/registration fee (online or by check) in order to begin.
* You will receive a username and password and steps to access the Moodle course.
* The instructor will send an introductory email.
* If you are taking the course for OPI renewal units, WMPLC will send you OPI renewal units upon completion of the semester (Autumn 2020).
* If you are taking the course for University of Montana semester credits, complete the course and submit the form and additional payment of $155 by December 15, 2020. The semester credit registration form will be shared with you when your registration is received. You will then need to send the completed semester credit form and payment to your instructor by the date listed above. The instructor will collect all of the registration forms and send them together to the U of M at the end of the semester.
Obtaining copies of the books: Check your school /district or local library. Amazon and other online booksellers often have used copies available. The instructor is available to assist with locating copies, if needed.
Event Number: 21521015
EDU 455/EDU 555
Register at https://forms.gle/o9NLAcstcQyhCP6z7