Self-Paced, Online Moodle Course
Rural Schools: The Supervising Teacher
Open now and complete by May 15, 2024
The self-paced online course provides a foundation for supervising teachers in rural Montana Schools. This course may also be useful to principals in rural districts that do not hire a superintendent and for newly elected or contract county superintendents. By exploring topics often associated with the principalship or superintendency of a school district, new and experienced rural school administrators will become familiar with topics and resources specific to Montana. The overarching goal of this course is to provide rural school administrators with a toolkit for success in their unique educational community. Often this will require changes at the district level which the rural school administrator must facilitate. By the end of the course, the course participant will have developed a Supervising Teacher Procedure Manual that can be handed off to future supervising teachers in the district.
This is a self-paced course. As such, course participants must be comfortable working independently and self-motivated to complete all work within the flexible time frame. Participants may register for the course and start as soon as payment is received. No new registrations will be accepted after January 15, 2024. Participants must complete the course by May 15, 2024.
Instructor: Erin Lipkind email@example.com
Registration fee: $750
Credit: 75 OPI Professional Development Units or 5 Semester Credits (semester credit is offered through the University of Montana and is an additional fee of $155; registration forms available in the course Moodle.) These credits can't be used towards a degree program. They CAN be used for salary schedules and license renewal.
THE COURSE PROCESS:
* Complete this form.
* Within a few days, you will receive an invoice via email.
* Pay the invoice/registration fee (online or by check) in order to begin.
* You will receive a username and password and steps to access the Moodle course.
* The instructor will send an introductory email and you may begin the class.
* If you are taking the course for OPI professional development units, WMPLC will send you them upon completion of the semester.
* If you are taking the course for University credits, you will need to send the completed semester credit form and payment to your instructor by the end of the semester for which you are enrolled. The instructor will collect the UM credit paperwork and payments from all participants and send them together to the University of Montana by August 15, 2023 (summer term), December 1, 2023 (fall term), May 15, 2024 (spring term), or August 15, 2024 (summer term). The participant’s paperwork will be submitted to UM for the term in which they finish the coursework.
Event Number: 24540008
EDU 455/EDU 555
Register at: https://forms.gle/9s8itf3Zbi2d3DAX6