Online self-paced Moodle course
IEFA Special Topics Course 2
The self-paced online course is composed of five distinct units. Each unit is the equivalent of 1 University credit or 15 OPI renewal units. Upon registration, participants select which units/how many credits they wish to take. The five units included in Course Two are:
*The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
*Fire on the Land
*Native American Astronomy
*Book Study: An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States for Young People
*Book Study: If I Ever Get Out of Here
Participants will explore resources developed by the Office of Public Instruction alongside primary source documents and carefully selected literature, both fiction and non-fiction, as they deepen their knowledge of the Essential Understandings. Most required materials will be provided in the course Moodle, though participants may need to seek additional resources at school or public libraries or online as part of the course requirements. Previous knowledge of IEFA and the Essential Understandings is helpful but not necessary for participants to successfully complete the course; prerequisite content will be provided for participant’s perusal.
Sindie Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Erin Lipkind (email@example.com)
Michele McGuire (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Fees: OPI Credit Semester Credit UM Credit Fee Total Cost for Cont Ed
$155 1 unit 15 hours 1 UM credit $155 $310
$260 2 units 30 hours 2 UM credits $155 $415
$365 3 units 45 hours 3 UM credits $155 $520
$470 4 units 60 hours 4 UM credits $155 $625
$575 5 units 75 hours 5 UM credits $155 $730
NOTE: Semester credit is offered through the University of Montana and is an additional fee of $155; registration forms available in the course Moodle.)
This course is the equivalent to 15-75 classroom hours, which is the equivalent of 1 to 5 university credits. This is a self-paced course, but do not expect to complete it in one sitting! Course participants must be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated to complete all work within the flexible time frame.
Cost savings: By taking WMPLC's courses, participants save an average of 56% for University of Montana Undergraduate credits and 62% for U of M Graduate credits; but they can't be used towards a degree program. They CAN be used for salary schedules and license renewal.
THE COURSE PROCESS:
* Complete this form.
* Within a few days, you will receive an invoice via email.
* Pay the invoice/registration fee (online or by check) in order to begin.
* You will receive a username and password and steps to access the Moodle course.
* The instructor will send an introductory email and you may begin the class.
* If you are taking the course for OPI renewal units, WMPLC will send you OPI renewal units upon completion of the semester.
* If you are taking the course for University credits, you will need to send the completed semester credit form and payment to your instructor by the end of the semester for which you are enrolled. The instructor will collect the UM credit paperwork and payments from all participants and send them together to the University of Montana by August 15, 2022 (summer term), December 1, 2022 (fall term), May 15, 2023 (spring term), or August 15, 2023 (summer term). The participant’s paperwork will be submitted to UM for the term in which they finish the coursework.
Obtaining copies of the books: Check your school /district or local library. Amazon and other online booksellers often have used copies available. The instructor is available to assist with locating copies, if needed.
Registration BONUS: When you register for an IEFA course, if we have the books for the course in stock, we will send them to you for free! If we don't have them in stock, we will send you at least 2 titles related to the course for which you are registered.
Event Number: 23521010
EDU 455 EDU 555
Register at: https://forms.gle/4Ud2VeJWb2Ksp1pE7